Friday, February 18, 2011

Stubborn Shoe Boxes Part Two

“Slick Side Up”

What to do with all those cardboard squares? Well, I laid them on our art table with some liquid watercolors and magic happened. Child A was painting on a cardboard square when I heard another child yell, “watch out! You are creating a huge puddle. Look at all the colors changing, I want to do that too.” Child A answered “you need to paint on the slick side up!” Everyone gathered around the table and before I could count to ten all the chairs was taken :)

I felt like I was in an assembly line, it kept coming and coming. We had squares drying all over the room. I grouped them together on a bigger cardboard square; the colors are so bright and happy.

They look like subway tiles.

 

Slick side up (2)

 

Slick side up (5)

 

 Slick side up (7)

 

 Slick side up (1)

 

 Slick side up (9)

 

Slick side up (10)

 

Slick side up (11)

 

 Slick side up (12)

 

Slick side up (3)

 

 

Slick side up (4) 

 

Slick side up (8)

 

Who would have thought that a shoe box could be repurposed twice to create such one of a kind art.

4 comments: